|Job Title||Assistant Director, Communications|
The Assistant Director of Communications will aid and assist the directive of the department Director while focusing on service interactions of the department staff. The emphasis placed on the client, crew, and patient interactions by LifeLine EMS communications staff is paramount to upholding our mission, vision, and values. Efficiency and efficacy are key components to call center success, the Assistant Director of Communications should be a champion of process but embrace critical thinking skills to ensure the best outcome and service level for each interaction.
- Plans manages and reviews the work of assigned communications staff.
- Works with leadership staff to ensure schedules to provide coverage on a 24-hour, 7-day basis.
- Participates in the selection of assigned staffing plans.
- Develops and implements a department service strategy aligned with the values of the organization.
- Evaluates performance and provide staff coaching as required.
- Assist in the development of and implements goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for the department.
- Works with Director to implement and execute the department staffing budget.
- Interprets policies and procedures of the department.
- Provides input into improved department procedures and implements such procedures upon adoption. Maintains or directs the maintenance of records for the communications staff and department. • Prepares a variety of periodic and special reports as required.
- Coordinates the division’s response to emergency situations.
- Assists the Director in overseeing the daily operations of the Communications Center, ensuring the smooth functioning of all communication systems and processes.
- Supervises and provides guidance to a team of dispatchers and call takers, ensuring adherence to protocols, policies, and quality standards.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of the Communications Center staff, providing regular feedback, coaching, and training opportunities to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Collaborates with the Director to develop and implement effective communication strategies and protocols to ensure timely and accurate ambulance response.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of EMS policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure compliance and adherence to industry standards.
- Coordinates with other departments within the EMS organization, such as field operations, to ensure seamless communication and coordination during daily operations.
- Monitors and analyzes call data, response times, and other relevant metrics to identify areas for improvement and implement necessary changes to optimize operational efficiency.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new technologies, systems, and software to enhance communication capabilities and improve emergency response times.
- Stays up to date with advancements in emergency communication technologies and industry best practices and makes recommendations for their integration into the Communications Center operations.
- Assists in managing emergency situations and critical incidents, providing guidance and support to staff members during high-pressure situations.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., communications, emergency management, public administration) is preferred. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Proven experience in emergency communications, preferably within the EMS or related field.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively supervise and motivate a diverse team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in high-stress situations.
- In-depth knowledge of emergency communication systems, protocols, and best practices. Mastery of computer-aided dispatch (CAD) systems, radio communication systems, and other relevant communication technologies.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, and implement improvements to enhance operational efficiency.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities, especially in time-sensitive and critical situations.
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism during high-pressure situations and effectively manage stress.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and time management abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and build strong relationships with stakeholders.
Compliance & Safety:
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
- Must participate in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance audits.
- Implements corrective/preventive measures as determined by the Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and Dispatch Operations on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
- Takes swift and immediate action in accordance with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance on any areas of concern.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period. o Has had no compliance-related corrective action during the current review period.
- Participate in Safety and Risk training and activities.
- Serves as a company representative promoting positive customer relationships through proactive involvement in public business and community activities.
- Ensures a safe and productive work environment. Be a steward of safety, that you and your peers operate safely, in an environment free from danger and risk.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally performed primarily in a clean, indoor office environment with no adverse conditions of temperature or weather. Generally, working around others, working alone, face-to-face, and verbal contact with others. May work irregular schedule/hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position with in-office.
- Attention to Detail
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based on company needs.
Support the Mission Statement and Philosophy of Lifeline EMS
- Develop a plan for maintaining your own professional growth and development.
- Respect the dignity, welfare, and basic rights of all patients and employees.
- Maintain a high level of competency within the staff.