|Location||Los Angeles County, CA|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
Are you a Paramedic looking to gain experience in all aspects of patient care and work in a proven system of Clinical Excellence? Or, maybe a seasoned paramedic looking for a new opportunity to be part of progressive system of care? We have immediate openings for Paramedics and are actively hiring at the ALS level. Join a team of EMS professionals providing care and transportation for our patients. LifeLine Ambulance’s Critical Care Program treats and transports Southern California’s most critically ill patients. We are excited to now announce our ALS Program. Join our team of Critical Care Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Perfusionists and EMTs.
Why Choose LifeLine Ambulance Service?
As time progresses so do expectations and values of our team members, LifeLine EMS has reimagined loving our jobs. The value proposition must be worth it for our team members, and our culture is designed to do just that. In this day and age AND an in industry where you could choose to work anywhere, chose to work with us.
What is important to us is:
- Being a good kind human
- Growth and Development Opportunities/ Career Progression
- Educational Opportunities
- Clinical and Operation Excellence
- Talented and Driven Leadership Team
What you can expect:
- Experiential Training including Tactical Emergency Casualty Care and Specialty IFT Training
- Opportunities to succeed and better yourself
- Structured training, mentoring and support
- Mentoring programs to achieve your career pathways
- Competitive pay with reviews every year for potential increases
- Paid continuing education and recertification
- A generous PTO benefit to cover your great vacations or needed time away
- State-of-the-Art technology with sleek solutions for patient care, monitoring, and compliance.
- 401k matching contributions up to 3%
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Diverse and Inclusive organization that is focused on strong culture
Coverage is available to those who meet qualifying statuses. Individual and family health insurance plans are available using a cost-sharing model; with most of the cost being paid for by LifeLine Ambulance Service, passing on the savings to you and your family. Dental, vision, Life and disability coverage are also offered.
Our commitment to your personal and professional development also begins on day one. We have stringent recertification and re-credentialing requirements; all CPR, ACLS and PALS recertifications can be taught in house. For initial training, we utilize the START model. This type of program ensures tangible expectations are set and all providers receive consistent instruction with time-sensitive feedback. Initial training is phased with varying completion times. Training consists of observation rides, third riding, and second seat team member status with field training officers. During your initial training and at continuous regular intervals we utilize training, labs to hone assessment skills, evolve pattern recognition, review protocols, reinforce treatment principles, introduce new procedures and equipment, and train for high acuity, low occurrence scenarios. Ongoing continuing education and recertification are offered cost-free.
How do you know you’re a great fit?
We’re looking for self-motivated, passionate providers that have a natural drive to explore, learn, and grow. You’ll be encouraged to develop in a way that is challenging but interests you. We understand not everyone’s pathway is initially clear to them. We want to help you figure that out, help you to prepare for what’s next, and then watch you grow.
What, Where, and How we are Offering this Amazing Opportunity:
Location: LifeLine Headquarters, Commerce, Glendale and Sherman Oaks
Staffing Configuration: Double Paramedic 1:1
Shifts Lengths: 12 Hour Shifts with a Full Time or Part Time Status. Offering weekend and night shifts as well.
Vaccination Status: COVID-19 Testing for unvaccinated
In-House AHA Certification Renewals
Company paid Medical Examination Certificate
Company provided Continuing Education
Company paid Continuing Accreditation
Career Advancement Opportunities – We are known to promote from within. If you wish to pursue a supervisor or management position, career advancement is attainable with us.
Reports To: ALS Program Manager
POSITION SUMMARY Our ideal candidate will accept the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position. A paramedic provides pre-hospital emergency and inter-facility care to acutely ill or injured patients utilizing Advanced Life Support (ALS) skills. The Paramedic works under the authorization of the Company’s affiliated hospital Medical Director. The requirements of this position include but are not limited to recognition, assessment, and management of all patient interactions while providing exemplary patient care. In this position, the Paramedic will provide safe, time-bound transportation to the appropriate hospital or facility. The Paramedic must have excellent judgment and be able to prioritize decisions and act quickly in the best interest of the patient. The Paramedic will communicate with licensed and ancillary medical professionals in verbal and written format. The duties of the position include: the provision of patient care within the scope of training for which the Paramedic is employed, the completion of required documentation, the inspection of equipment required for safe patient movement, the performance of general vehicle maintenance, and the operation of a company vehicle during all hours of the day in often challenging traffic conditions throughout Southern California.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Current CA Paramedic Certification
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
- Current ACLS Cand PALS certification
Essential Requirements and Credentials
- Current (or ability to obtain) Los Angeles County Paramedic Accreditation
- Ability to obtain a City of Los Angeles DOT Ambulance Driver/Attendant License
- DMV Medical Examination Certificate
- Ambulance Drivers’ Endorsement Certificate
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Memory (Long & Short Term)
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to handle stress
- Ability to problem-solve.
As a condition of employment, the candidate will be required to successfully pass the following tests administered by company’s medical providers, prior to the start of employment
- Drug screening test
- Physical agility test.
Physical Job Functions:
- Based on 12-hour shifts.
- Frequently lifting with two hands up to 125-pounds.
- Frequently bending, squatting, or kneeling, standing, or walking.
- Frequently carrying up to 35-pounds.
- Wear protective equipment including respirator and gloves.
- Frequently pushing up to 250-pounds.
- Continuously sitting for a minimum of 1-hour.
- Frequently pulling up to 150-pounds.
- Frequently bending, squatting, or kneeling.
- Frequently reaching forward.
- Frequently stepping up and down.
- Driving a company vehicle during daylight and nighttime hours in often challenging traffic conditions throughout Southern California.
Pay: $35-$40 hourly, based on experience